Monday, July 13, 2009

Thing 17: LibWorm: Taking a Bite Out of the Biblioblogosphere!

Hello Readers,

Worms in apples are bad. Worms in computers are worse. LibWorm-good. It's like Feed Burner for library related material on the Internet that can be easily accessed through RSS feeds. This feature allows you to stay up to date with the latest library things. The feed categories help narrow your search if you're not sure what you are looking for. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a feed category for school library podcasts. In fact, I didn't find much on school libraries or school librarians. Maybe the feeds didn't have what I was looking for. I also discovered some of the library feeds I subscribe to didn't show up here. I guess the authors of these feeds didn't submit their blog, podcast, etc. to LibWorm. I'll probably get an account so I can share some podcasts with other librarians, especially school and children's librarians. I looked up my school, nothing there, but I did find another Sheffield Library (in England). I'll keep it in mind in the future. Until then, keep reading.

Queen B.

No comments:

Post a Comment